Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

86 Pontiac grand am, instrumental panel went crazy bouncing,

Customer Question

86 Pontiac grand am, instrumental panel went crazy bouncing, and now they do nothing at all
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say it will do nothing are you saying its totally dead. If in fact that is the cases then you would need to check power and ground at the cluster connection and if you have power and ground there and it still read dead then that usually means the cluster has failed. I have enclosed the cluster wiring diagram in the link below for reference . The diagram will show you the power and ground wires to check. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Attempt to fix is pending
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Okay , Im here if needed.