Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I own a 1998 Potiac Bonneville. I need to know how to re-set

Customer Question

I own a 1998 Potiac Bonneville. I need to know how to re-set the gauge's. The one's that I'm asking about are the oil and motor gauge's that show on the dash when there is a problem. Is there a way that I can re-set them? Let me know.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting youThese gauges in dash can not be reset , most likely you need a mother instrument cluster as long as the oil pressure sensor has power and working just not showing on dash and same thing other gauges ,if none or most don't work,what u need then is another instrument cluster
Junk yard will have the m around $75 or Ebay is good place to find
This the procedure to remove in case you doing it
The connector in back of cluster needs checking for damage ,make sure connector is good and that is not the issueHopes I was helpful to you , please let me know if you need anything else on it
A positive rating is much apreciatedThis post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issueChad Farhat