C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

My ponatic azteks dash wont let Me start my car untill the

Customer Question

My ponatic azteks dash wont let Me start my car untill the blinking stops. No power to the windows or radio. Once the panel stays lit and you hear the ding-ding you can start the car. Now it is taking alot longer for this to happen an once I am driving the panel is not registering any of the gages like gas, water temp, oil pressure. Then all of a sudden it blinks a few more times and stays on. Am afraid I will be stranded if it stops all at once.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am going to try something here to see if we can get this issue resolved without costing any money. Disconnect both the negative and the positive battery cables. Leave them disconnected for five minutes. Before reconnecting them touch them together. Now reconnect the battery cables. Now we are going to get inside the vehicle and do a theft relearn. Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to start but just turn it for a moment than let the key sit in the on position. Leave it here for 10 minutes. Now turn the key off and remove. Reinsert the key and repeat for a total of 3 times 30 minutes. This should relearn the theft system and fix your issue. If not you have a defective powertrain control module. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks, Charlie.