GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I'm need to know how to remove a lock cylinder from a 2006

Customer Question

I'm need to know how to remove a lock cylinder from a 2006 Pontiac GTO that will not turn to the on position. I have a replacement cylinder but cannot remove the old one because the key won't turn. I've tried jiggling it; rapping on the key with a rubber mallet while trying to turn it; lubricating it all for naught. How do I remove the cylinder when the key won't turn to the on position where I can press the tab down and pull out the cylinder?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

There is a procedure for that. Do you still need help with it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already gotten the lock out, removed the stuck tumbler, and got it working. What's the procedure though now that my card has been charged?
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Good job, glad to here that it's fixed. Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. However there is always a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

The procedure being too large to post on here, thanks and please come again, anytime.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your response sir; I get great satisfaction by doing it myself, but it's great to know you are there. I just don't give up easily and that's why I had it done before your answer. Didn't "Mess it up" either so that's another plus.
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.