Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Är from Switzerland. I Bought a Pontiac Montana SV 6, 2006.

Customer Question

Hello my Name is***** from Switzerland. I Bought a Pontiac Montana SV 6, 2006. My question is, how can I Change the regional code from the incar DVD Player. Thanks
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: I have no code Reader. The engine is 3,5 Liter.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope it. I know that other DVD Players have a Code.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: My Car ID Number is ***** GM DV3 3L 6D1 600 24
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this an after market or factory DVD player installed?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Pete,
this is the first DVD Player, also factory Player installed. The DVD Player said " Error DVD Format. I know USA and Canada have code 1. But I in Switzerland have code 2. I am the second owner from the Montana. I think the DVD Player ist never used.
Sorry for my english.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,this may need programmed by a GM dealer to alter any coding as most of the time this is needed.In some cases the actual DVD player itself may need replaced with a compatible one in your area.A GM dealer can also tell you if this is what needs done but I believe this is a reprogram issue that needs done by a dealer with their computer or the dvd player may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete