this the thermostat location and a diagram for you
also i included for you the relay for the radiator fan & the fuse box lay out under hood with fuse that need checking
fuse label ECM BATT 15 amp & ENG EMIS 20 amp they are in the engine fuse box in the picture with the fan relay
# ***** & # ***** the big 60 amp fuse they also provide power needs checking
Vehicle » Engine, Cooling and Exhaust » Cooling System » Thermostat » Service and Repair » Procedures » Thermostat
1995 Pontiac Grand Prix V6-3100 3.1L VIN M SFI
Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only
Zoom and Print Options
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. With engine cool, drain engine coolant below thermostat level.
WARNING: Never open cooling system with engine hot.
3. Disconnect radiator hose from thermostat housing.
4. Remove thermostat housing retaining bolts, then the housing, gasket and thermostat.
1. Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Ensure thermostat gasket area is thoroughly clean.
b. Install thermostat with new gasket.
c. Apply a suitable sealer to thermostat housing retaining bolts. Install and torque bolts to 18 ft lb.
d. Refill and bleed cooling system as necessary.