Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc

Is there a resistance value test or electrical test exhaust

Customer Question

Hi, is there a resistance value test or electrical test for the exhaust cam position sensor, I have code P0014, 2006 Solstice, non-turbo, thanks
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 80K, car runs great, fuel economy is good
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Had the OBD checked, P0014 came up, check engine light is on, had an oil change performed at a lube place.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yup, used to be ASE certified, I now work in law enforcement, looks easily accessible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: I guess that's it .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 4 months ago.

8-12 ohms, they are located under the engine cover at the front of the valve cover, you want to test the back one, let me know what you find, if it tests good test terminal B for good ground and with the key off for more than 5 min make sure there isn't power on terminal A. If that is all good take it out and inspect the screens on it for debris or plugging and make sure they aren't missing, if nothing there check your oil level and make sure its full then swap the intake and exhaust actuators and see if the code follows the original one. also check that both pins of the actuator aren't shorted to the body of it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The resistance is in the Mega ohm scale and the sensor is cooled off, i already removed it, no need to look any further.

perfect, I love when step one works.