tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs

I have a new fuel pump 2004 pontiac grand am. I carefully

Customer Question

I have a new fuel pump for my 2004 pontiac grand am. I carefully cut an access hole to get at pump.
My new pump has 2 new EVAP lines, is there room enough to get these lines past tank to reconnect?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

it would be hard for me to answer if you have room enough,sense you made your own access hole to try and install the pump through,

this is not the correct way of doing this and i would think the job would go quicker by doing it the correct way by removing the fuel tank.

again,i think the job will go better by doing it correctly.

though, i can give you instructions on how to replace the pump

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Go ahead and give me the instructions, I am not going to drop the tank. It's the 2 EVAP hoses that maybe the problem

it only takes a little more than an hour to do it correctly

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

B - 1.2 - 1.8 hours

Does Not Include: Drain & Refill Fuel Tank.

stand by

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help