GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

We have a 2008 Pontiac Torrent. Was just driven yesterday

Customer Question

We have a 2008 Pontiac Torrent. Was just driven yesterday and now today will not start. Battery is good as we put new battery in it and still does not start or even make any kind of noise at all. All the lights come on, radio works. The remote door lock and unlock button will not open doors or lock them. We were told by mechanic that the door locks have a security feature that locks out the starter
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine does not turn over and battery is new and couple months old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: my sick sister
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: no i told you everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

You may have a bad starter solenoid or it might be sticking. Sounds like you may need a new starter.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if it was the solenoid or starter it would make a clicking or different noise and it makes none. we feel it is the security feature that shut down the started. can you tell me how to access this feature and where it is
Customer: replied 11 months ago.