kwiggins29059, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician Associates degree in Automotive 15+ Years in the industry

Have trouble decompressing rear caliper using a c clamp not

Customer Question

hey have trouble decompressing rear caliper for brakes using a c clamp not work very hard to turn is there something else I didn't co
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 89000
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know whats keeping it from decompressing I released bleeder knot for decompressing and still
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes already did the front no trouble
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: same prosidure
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, you'll need a special rear caliper tool to turn the piston back in. Just insert the tool into the groove on the piston and turn clockwise. Here's a link to the tool, Most parts stores have them in their loan a tool program.