sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have changed my throttlebody and pedal and it still does

Customer Question

I have changed my throttlebody and pedal and it still does it tome reduced engine power
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will cause the reduced engine power warning. Usually the issue is electronic throttle control related. The parts you replaced are common causes of this warning but you may have a wiring issue, a vacuum leak, the problem could potentially be i the powertrain control module itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and turning the warning on. Do you know what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
P2135 now
I'm a full time tech and at work this morning,I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!

This code sets when the two throttle positon sensors within the throttle body don't agree with each other. This could be the throttle body itself or a wiring issue.

Where did the replacement throttle body come from?
Was this also setting before it was replaced?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I brought the throttle body into the shop but I changed the pedal with a autozone parts one and I did the map sensor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My self

Where did the throttle body come from?

Was the P2135 setting before it was replaced?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was the p0120-122-123-220-***-***-**** when I started now I'm just down. To 2135 and I checked all the vacuum lines

Where did the throttle body come from?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dealer it's AV delco
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ac
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I bought an autozone at first it failed that's when I brought it to the shop by my house and orderd a Ac delco
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
after that it came the gas pedal I replaced that then from there on it. Was 2135 code

You should be able to rule out the throttle body then. What you'll need to do is monitor TPS 1 and 2 when the code is active and see which signal is incorrect and then concentrate on wiring on that circuit. One of the signals is going to be high (short to voltage or an open circuit) or low (short to ground).