Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Holy live help! I need to remove the dash on a 03 grand am

Customer Question

Hello?
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: Holy crap live help! Hi I need to remove the dash on a 03 grand am to replace burned wires. It caught fird yesterday
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: I need a wire diagram and idk the miles. Battery is out
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well, whomever owned it before me did some diy electrical that caused a fire more than once from the looks of it so I am trying to fix it the right way
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, but I need help on how to remove the dash. Are you a bit or person? I need to know zo I can respond properly
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? No. I'm the Pontiac Mechanic's Assistant. Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: I have started trying to remove the dash to see the burned wires, but I am having trouble finding the right bolts to remove
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 6 months ago.

Give me a sec to look up the info you need. be right back ok?

I cant find the info to remove the dash so i will let others see if they have it.

Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'll post the information below for you. If I can help further just let me know.

Click HERE

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, in the time it took to get an answer I removed the dash and half the steering wheel and determined that all the wiring has been compromised. So what I need now is a a OEM replacement for all 3 fuse boxes and the wires harness and a diagram of the wiring so I can get it hooked up, tested, and put back together. After this, I'm never plugging in another car lighter again XD
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.

Hi Steven, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

I've been in this situation before. Melted harness between the seats. I had to pull the complete harness (bumper to bumper) cut out the melted parts and put it all back together. I have all of the diagrams OEM and also in color. Quick glance, about 20 for the powers and about 25 for the grounds. Not including all of the connector views and circuit descriptions. In short this is way to much information to share across an open forum. I can offer a premium service for an additional 5 bucks and continue this conversation through regular email and or the phone, whichever works best. I can provide diagrams and technical information specific to this problem for this vehicle. Regular email is so much easier for sending technical information, diagrams and images. It's also straightforward for you to send me images. Please accept my offer for 2003 Grand Am Wiring so I can better assist you.

Also make sure to let me know the VIN for this vehicle.
Thanks