Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

On a 2001 Grand Prix. A/C blower inop as well as DRLs, rear

Customer Question

On a 2001 Grand Prix. A/C blower inop as well as DRLs, rear Defrost and traction control. Fuses all good, new ignition switch. What else could be the cause?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be assisting you today

Hey rob

how many miles

Have you checked the blower motor it self , like unplug it and give straight power to it from external battery

have you checked the blower motor resistor ( common cause )

have u checked the a/c control unit for connector burn marks in rear of it ?

when you turn blower fan on you get nothing out of blower is this what happening now

let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chad,The car has a little over 200K miles. The blower stopped working about the same time as the ABS and Traction indicators came on. Also the DRLs stopped working. Would a blower resistor do all of that?

hey how are you

the abs /traction is separate issue , probably a abs wheel sensor or abs pump situation, loose ground etc ... i will need abs codes to know that one

the blower resistor will cause blower operation to stop , but the drl should not stop unless it is on that same circuit , give me few minutes , I will look up wiring diagram and see if they share the same circuit .

hi , the drl is not on the blower circuit so they are not related

hope that was helpful to you let me know if you need anything else

This post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issue .

Thank You Rob

Chad ( akaCustomer)