Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

On a 2001 Grand Prix. A/C blower inop as well as DRLs, rear

Customer Question

On a 2001 Grand Prix. A/C blower inop as well as DRLs, rear Defrost and traction control. Fuses all good, new ignition switch. What else could be the cause?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be assisting you today

Hey rob

how many miles

Have you checked the blower motor it self , like unplug it and give straight power to it from external battery

have you checked the blower motor resistor ( common cause )

have u checked the a/c control unit for connector burn marks in rear of it ?

when you turn blower fan on you get nothing out of blower is this what happening now

let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chad,The car has a little over 200K miles. The blower stopped working about the same time as the ABS and Traction indicators came on. Also the DRLs stopped working. Would a blower resistor do all of that?

hey how are you

the abs /traction is separate issue , probably a abs wheel sensor or abs pump situation, loose ground etc ... i will need abs codes to know that one

the blower resistor will cause blower operation to stop , but the drl should not stop unless it is on that same circuit , give me few minutes , I will look up wiring diagram and see if they share the same circuit .

Thanks

hi , the drl is not on the blower circuit so they are not related

hope that was helpful to you let me know if you need anything else

A POSITIVE RATING IS MUCH APPRECIATED

This post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issue .

Thank You Rob

Chad ( akaCustomer)