sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My convertible is G6 is stuck and will not come out of the

Customer Question

my convertible is G6 is stuck and will not come out of the truck to close in the hardtop position. The trunk opens or moves but the flaps won't preventing the top from moving and getting into the close position. The dealer I took it to said there's nothing they can do to fix it. I just want my top secure at this point...any thoughts
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: Yes, I put in a new battery in early May
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I want to take to dealer or mechanic
JA: OK! The Pontiac Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: Everything works fine with the car. I can hear the top gears( for lack of words) moving when I attempt to secure the top. it's like there's something stuck
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you continue hearing it running when the top wont' move then the issue is a mechanical failure. The problem could certainly be fixed, but there may be a parts availability or cost effectiveness issue.

What specifically did the dealer say was wrong?