sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

It won't crank : All of the dash lights up but it doesn't

Customer Question

It won't crank
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All of the dash lights up but it doesn't start. We were able to start it by jumping the selonoid
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Pontiac Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning the key
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: It has been doing this, but it was always a fuse
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will prevent the starter from engaiging, especially depending on what the vehicle is. If the engine does run when the starter is jumped then likely possible causes would be the ignition switch, starter relay, wiring, a blown fuse, the transmission range sensor, or a cable/connection issue.

What year and model is the vehicle?