GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2001 grand Prix SE; middle attachment point on

Customer Question

I have a 2001 grand Prix SE; middle attachment point on driver's side plastic
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2001 grand Prix SE; middle attachment point on driver's side plastic rocker panel trim is rusted away. front and back mount points seem solid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes,it looks like I should be able to put a sheetmetal screw thru the plastic and into the metal rocker panel behind; I want to be sure I won't run into any wiring behind the metal rocker panel
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need to know if there is any wiring running behind the metal rocker panel about at the door pillar....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 4 months ago.

As long as you aren't going into the interior of the vehichle and just into the rocker then no problem you won't hit any wires.