Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

THE COOLING FAN STOPPED WORKING AND MY CAR OVERHEATED AND

Customer Question

THE COOLING FAN STOPPED WORKING AND MY CAR OVERHEATED AND STOPPED TOLD TO REPLACE FUSE BUT DO NOT KNOW WHERE THIS FUSE IS.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: THE 2006 GRAND PRIX OVERHEATED. HAD TO WAIT FOR THE CAR TO COOL DOWN BEFORE IT WOULD RESTART. i WAS TOLD THE THE FAN STOPPED WORKING AND WE NEED TO REPLACE THE FUSE. oUR FUSE BOX DOES NOT HAVE A COVER ON IT, SO I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE FUSE IS THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: TO LOCATE THE FUSE.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 11 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I will get the legend for you for your fuse box

Roy

ok, I attached a wire diagram for you to view. there are 2 fuses listed and numbered. use a voltmeter and check for voltage on both sides of the fuse with the key on. fuses 29 and 32

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts. it costs me personally to acquire the info you need

Roy