Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I need a wiring diagram to tell me how the colors coming

Customer Question

I need a wiring diagram to tell me how the colors coming from the wiring harness of the car correspond to the colors on the headlight assembly. We are trying to replace the connectors, and 3 out of the 5 colors match up, but there is a purple and brown on the headlight, and a white and green wire on the wiring harness of the car. We aren't sure which wire goes where. Can you help?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** are the diagrams you were looking for, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chy9c86k9yb6jf7/hlm.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dan, unfortunately that's not quite what we are looking for. There are 5 wires coming from the car, that need to match up with the 5 wires on the headlight. The colors do not match up. So I am looking for both a diagram on the headlight side, that will show the 5 colors of the wires, and where they go, as well as a diagram from the wiring harness coming from the car, that will show the 5 wires, their colors, and what they power. Since right now, there is a connector in the middle that needs to be wired, and the colors do not match up 1 to 1. Let me know if that doesn't make sense. Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Here is a complete wiring diagram of headlight circuits, these are the only diagrams available. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq7fxbsxpzu3xmb/hld.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found that same diagram on google. can you help me to decipher it and understand what colors are what?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Are you trying to replace the hi or low beam connectors? The key is to look at what color wires are supposed to be on each pin on connector, then wire it in like that.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Also with a head light bulb it doesn't matter if the positive/negative are reversed, it will still work fine. Each connector should have one black wire going to it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We are replacing the entire headlight assembly. The old headlights are after market, and we are going back to stock. So we are redoing the male and female connectors that actually connect the headlight assembly to the wiring harness. The colors of the 5 wires do not match up between the headlight assembly and the wiring harness coming from the car (Of the 5 wires total, 3 of them match up color for color, but for the other 2, they are different colors for each)