Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

While idling at a stoplight or pulling into a parking place

Customer Question

while idling at a stoplight or pulling into a parking place my radio will briefly surge and the speedometer will quickly go up to 60 or 70 mphour and then both will return to normal. the whole incident last only a second or so. do you know what might be causing this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: it depends on the situation and the resolution
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: only that otherwise it runs smoothly and performs just as it always has. it's only when its idling or traveling at a very slow speed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Depending on the year and model of this vehicle here this issue can be caused by a fault with the BCM (body control module) itself.I have seen the body control module fail or act up in the past before and cause issues with gauges on some models as well as radio issues.If you have not had the fault codes checked using a compatible scan tool to check the fault codes this needs done.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete