Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

I HAVE A 2007 HARD TOP COVERTIBLE AND THE TOP WILL NOT WORK,

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2007 HARD TOP COVERTIBLE AND THE TOP WILL NOT WORK, I HEAR THE MOTOR HUMMING, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. CAN YOU RECOMMEND A MECHANIC IN SOUTHERN CAL.?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The best place to take this for this issue here is a GM dealer as they will have the best repair knowledge and tools to diagnose and repair this fault here.I suspect one of the latches has failed and is not releasing the top as it should causing this fault here as I have seen before or a position/limit switch is at fault internally needing replaced as these are the most common causes for this fault here.If you can post the city you are near I can see if I can locate the best option for you to take your vehicle to just let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my address is in TUSTIN, CA. OR ANY SHOP IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WILL DO
THANK YOU
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay. This facility here looks to be the best option to have your model looked into and repaired. http://www.tustingmc.com/ Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete