Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Cylinder 5 has a miss. changed plugs and coil. JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

cylinder 5 has a miss. changed plugs and coil.
JA: Sometimes changing spark plugs can be a challenge -- more than a few things to consider. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: does the 2004 grand am have individual fuel injectors?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Pontiac Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: well..... maybe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you have the V6 or 4 cylinder engine? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Considering plugs/wire/coil have already been replaced this most likely means you have a bad injector. You would want to start by swapping injector with another cylinder, if misfire follows injector then you know that is the problem. This is about a $250 job to have injector replaced at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or would like instructions to do it yourself. Thanks.