ironmike, ASE Master Technician GM certified
Experience:  ASE Master L1 GM certified, 30 years experience

Good morning I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent on saturday I

Customer Question

Good morning I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent on saturday I needed a jumpstart. After I received the jumpstart. I had a hard time turning my steeringwheel then the stabiltrak sensor came on and its still on right now. Need some answers. Is this going to expensive.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
greetings, Very common for the fuse to blow after jump starting vehicle. There is a 80 amp fuse in the under hood junction block/fuse box that we should check first. If you have a test light or multi meter we can check each side for power. When changing this fuse the battery should be disconnected first(negative side). Let me know what you find
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
This vehicle uses an electric motor to assist with the steering, EPS. A few models use this design and they are known to have issues. I have seen a few blow fuses after jump starts.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I been doing my research going to get a fuse from the dealership and change it out I really hope this works. I was in Florida this weekend for a furneral when this happened. So know I have to make sure when playing music to crank my vehicle so this wont happen anymore
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
after I change this fuse out the stablitrak sensors will go off and the steering should be working again? What shall I do to make the sensor go off?
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
The warning lights should go out. Good idea to let the battery stay disconnected for 10 minutes to clear codes. Good idea to recheck for codes after reconnecting the battery and after the test drive.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I watch the video seems pretty easy I have to get some type of electronic dont know what it is called to check the sensor or I maybe go to auto zone and get them checked?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long to test drive the vehicle?
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
auto zone should be able to check. I would drive for 5-10 minutes. good luck
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you. I did get everything I need to change the fuse out. Thank you so much i will let you know how everything turned out.
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
great, good luck