Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

Need to program/ unlock radio on 2002 grand am

Customer Question

Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
is this the stock radio that was in this car ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, but its a factory
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
if you follow this here will it give you the 6 numbers ?1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display “LOC”)2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.4. Press the AM/FM button5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did that. Radio shows the time, then underneath the time it says locked. . It always shows time. Never goes off
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You here?
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
i amyou need to give me a minute to type back to youif it sill not give you the code the only way to unlock or set up the radio will be with a programming scan tool to be plugged into the car and set up with the scan tool then down load the programming into that radio as the VIN numbers do not match in that radio that did not come out of this carthat is the only way to program and set up this radio as usableif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have to go yo a dealer?
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
the dealer OR an local repair shop with programming capabilities can do this for you for @ 1/2 labor charge to program it correctly for youif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dealer wanted 200$. Hell no.
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
200 is was too muchjust to program a radio is 1/2 hour or even 1 hour i will give them 1 hour but not 200 no wayif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is adapter I here about? Is it for cd players, not factory. It's 120$
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
if this radio has another port to add a 6 disc remote changer thats what that cable is usually used for
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I was told I needed an adapter for this pioneer cd player to put in it. Other than the original plug in for the factory radio
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
does this trial auuto renew if I dont cancel it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you serious??? You just left
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Damnit