Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

Want to change raditor on 2005 pontiac grand prix, 6

Customer Question

Want to change raditor on 2005 pontiac grand prix, 6 cylinder, 3800 series, not turbo charged
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i feel the engine is running at a higher temperature than it should, already changed thermostat, car has 126,000k
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any trouble codes popped up lately?
Customer: yes two but they are not radiator related
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes iv worked on cars most of my life and worked as a mechanic for 8 yesrs
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Brakes, alternators, transmission solenoids, intake manifold gasgets, push rods, lifters, radiators, transmissions and more
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: a misfire a cant pinpoint, changed plugs, wires, coil pack, modulator and looked for vacuum leaks. this only happens under a load
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up the procedure to replace the radiator into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n940zcj3m3gk2v/gp-rad.pdf?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did the PDF file I provided help you get the job done? Any other questions on this issue?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

..