Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

My car runs but the light anti theft is on and steering is

Customer Question

my car runs but the light for the anti theft is on and steering is hard and gauges are acting funny
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: 8 months i guess, the key I have is not the original
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i told you all I know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnected the battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: no, that's all i have
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you we are going to need more information please. Need to know the year, make and model of your car as well as any fault codes the system is setting when you have it scanned. If you can post back with this I will see if I can help you determine the cause.