GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Pontiac Torrent GXP: My 2008 pontiac torrent gxp has been making

Customer Question

My 2008 pontiac torrent gxp has been making this loud noise. It first started when just turning the wheel and then progressed into just driving at any speed. The noise sounds like putting a stick in the fan. It was extremely loud and the car began to start hesitating and jumping when I pushed the gas at lower speeds. I've had to have the transmission rebuilt once already by the dealership and they did a half-ass job. So here is the crazy thing, the noise has been going on for 2 weeks and was progressively getting worse. I started the car today and nothing! Zero noises! We took it to a friendly mechanic we know and they hooked it up because the engine light came on and it could not find anything wrong with it! I'm so confused!
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am sorry to hear about your Pontiac. Can you tell me if the noise gets louder the harder you accelerate?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was, it was really bad at slower speeds but all of a sudden it stopped and now I'm concerned that what was making the noise either broke or stopped working which may lead to bigger problems
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I responded 3 days ago and have heard nothing back but yet I was charged for using this service. I would prefer to have a refund. Thank you!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting back with you. If you would like to continue I can help you or you can contact customer service for a refund.