vertial technician
vertial technician, A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  over 15 years repairing both import and domestic automobiles

Pontiac montana: 2002 pontiac montana turn key to start dash

Customer Question

2002 pontiac montana turn key to start dash lights go out no start release turn to start engine starts fine does this every time i start it
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  vertial technician replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your Montana. I will try to help.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.
First I will need a little more information. It sounds like there is a break down somewhere in the starting system. Do you have a volt meter so we can test a few things?
Let me know so I can be of further assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Gotcha. It sounds to me like it could be the solinoid on the starter. But there are a few things it could be. I couldn't say for sure what is causing it without further tests.
May I ask what you are looking for? Are you just wanting an idea of what it could be? Or are you looking to fix it? What can I do to make sure you are satisfied with my responses?Thanks