Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

My 2003 Pontiac sunroof got caught with the sliding shade.

Customer Question

Hi, my 2003 Pontiac sunroof got caught with the sliding shade. Now the sunroof window is crooked and will not close. how do I sync the window mounts one is further back the other. I have taken the window off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: removed the sunroof window and the mounts move back and forth.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.You may be able to remove the window motor and then realign the tracks but in order to be able to send you the steps I need to know what your working in. The year and model of your Pontiac please. Post back when you can with this information and Ill have a look at the diagrams for you and post back with my findings.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2003 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr, V6 SE2
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
I would try removing the motor and that should allow you to move the sun roof, see if you can get it closed evenly on both side and then reinstall the motor and see if it stays aligned. See the motor removal steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sun%20roof%20motor%20May%2016.pdf