Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

I am looking to sell my Pontiac Grand AM GT coupe silver.

Customer Question

Hi i am looking to sell my Pontiac Grand AM GT coupe silver. Thing is i have no idea what to list it as since I never sold a car before. Now there's some issues that i know will need fixing.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I haven't started the car (2001) in about 2 years its been covered in my driveway since. The windshield has a crack from who knows what. Millage is like 70,000 it runs very smooth when I drove it. I didn't really drive long distances with it. I am assuming it'll need a good jump or a new battery. I am just wondering to fix it to run again and please tell me possible other things it would need fixing to make it run again. I just want a listing price for how much it can sell if everything is fixed or if I sell it how it is to someone I know wants to spruce it up himself but I don't know a fair amount. I paid 8 grand for it and kept it in great condition minus the windshield. OH and of course I lost the only set of car keys but the doors are unlocked. Thanks
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.
As far as the value goes I would look it up on either WWW.KBB.COM or WWW.EDMUNDS.COM/TMV. They will have you fill out information about the vehicle and it will give you an estimated value for trade in, retail, and private party sales. I would put a battery in it, and if it is running ok when you can get it started some fuel system cleaner and fresh gas. As far as the keys go, some locksmiths may be able to help, but if not, if you go to a GM dealership with the VIN number and proof of ownership they will cut you a new key. Hope this helps, good luck.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.