GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a po446 vent circuit malfunction JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

I have a po446 vent circuit malfunction
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can't pay anything at this time. Do you still want me to tell you more
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced a molded hose that goes from the breather to somewhere that I don't know the name of
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 5 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist the issue is usually the vent solenoid. it sticks in the open position and does not close when the evap system checks itself. is the hose you replaced attached to this valve??? Roy
did you get me response