vertial technician
vertial technician, A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  over 15 years repairing both import and domestic automobiles

My top won't go up or down. pretty sure a box on my cargo cover

Customer Question

my top won't go up or down. pretty sure a box on my cargo cover has it jammed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had a box on my cargo cover and my daughter put the top down. she went to put the top up and it went almost closed but won't latch go close
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. they want 95 just to look at it at the dealership in town
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to see if I can go through the back to move the box to see if that works
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: nothing else wrong besides the top won't latch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
hello we do see your question and as soon as a expert can he will assist, please do not think we are not here , Lou P.
Expert:  vertial technician replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your Pontiac. I will try to help.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.First, may I ask do you still need help? If so what yr and model Pontiac do you have?Thanks
Hi, so I can better assist you, may I ask what year and model your Pontiac is?Thanks