Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pontiac G6 GT: I have a 2007 Pontiac g6 convertible Top not

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pontiac g6 convertible Top not working and Trunk won't open. Error message on Radio TOP NOT SECURE
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

GM has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are having with your top that may be the cause of the problem you are having. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Have a look and see if this is what you have going on with yours. If his checks okay the the next steps will be to scan the system and see if there are any fault code setting. Let me know if there is and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Service%20Bull%20Top%20May%2010.pdf

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How can I open the trunk to check fuses
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

What happens when you try to release the trunk?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing no response no noise from the motor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Which way does the trunk open
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The trunk open from the back up. You may just have a fuse problem but thats where the problem lies if it will not open, I take it yours dose not have a rear lock for the key?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you are correct no outside key lock
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The only other way I can think of to access the truck if the lid will not open would be to remove the back seat and see if you can access the larch from there and get it to release.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i did remove the seat there is not enough room to get to the emergency release handle
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Is there some why that you can make up something to reach in and get a hold of it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
FINALLY GOT THE TRUNK OPEN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I CHECKED THE FUSE FOR THE CONVERTIBLE TOP AND IT IS FINE NOT BLOWN
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

So what part is not working, is it the trunk latch?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Convertible top and trunk latch
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Have you connected a a capable scanner and check for trouble codes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
p0171 and p0174 codes
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

These two code are lean engine codes and will have no affect on the trunk. In order to retrieve codes from the Body control module you will need a full scan tool. A code reader will not work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will try to get the car scanned. Meanwhile on the passenger rear compartment there are a 2 wire harness that's not connected ( orange & orange with black stripe
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The loose wire may be related but I would start with getting the scan done and see what fault codes are setting. Doing so will help us determine where to start.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
these are the codes
B3669-58
B37F-59
B367-58
B1010-58
B366C-59
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The first code is the one you are going to need to address first. See the pinpoint steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/B3669%20Jun%202.pdf

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you have any diagrams of the S2 hall effect sensor and its location.I have copiedand pasted the link you have given me..
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

All Pontiac offers is the wiring diagram with there location on it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Top%20sensor%20Jun%202.pdf

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the S2 hall sensor? Is it the retractable cylinder
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The wiring diagram is showing it in the retractable lid cylinder.