Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Pontiac Grand Am SE: Dear Pontiac Man, i have a pontiac grand

Customer Question

Dear Pontiac Man, i have a pontiac grand am 2001. The battery died a week ago. i put a new battery in ti, and now the headlight flash for a minute or so every time i turn it on.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry about the long delay. I am first of checking to see if you still need help prior to getting started on this concern.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes. I still need help. As I said - 1) The battery died. 2) I replaced the battery. 3) Ever since that exact moment the headlights flash for 2 to 5 minutes every time I start the car. 4) The dealer says that this is a 'security problem'. 5) The dealer say that they will happily fix this problem at $90 an hour. 6) I paid you guys for assistance. 7) Now, we see.
This occurs with the headlights in the off position?Are the high or low beams flashing?In the fuse box under the hood is the DRL or auto headlamp relay clicking when this is occurring?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1) The headlights are turned to OFF.
2) When I start the car, the running lights (low-beams) begin flashing. They flash for about 30 seconds.
3) I CAN hear a relay clicking - It sounds like it's near the glove-box.Ps. I just finished disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 1 hour to try to reset the computer. No luck.
Thanks for the updated details can you feel around and get your finger on what is clicking and tell me what or where it is?