Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: billy im having a problem with my

Customer Question

Hi billy im having a problem with my 04 grand prix gtp. I installed low beam and fog hids with a relay harness for each. When i finished nothing worked right.so i put it back to factory but my problem stayed the same. I have a low beam and high beam on on the left side. And the same on the other with a dimmer low. Fogs dont work and neither does the horn and only one turn signal in the front works.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. What may have occurred is damage to the BCM (body control module) as it monitors and controls the lights.The wiring install or modify that was done may have damaged the BCM internally causing this fault here and the BCM may need replaced.I have seen the BCM fail in the past before needing replaced for issues like this here.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are set in the BCM as well as the other computers in your model here this needs done.If any codes are set this will help diagnose and locate this issue for repair. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete