GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Will not take charge from the alternator every once in awhile

Customer Question

Will not take charge from the alternator every once in awhile 2000 Pontiac Montana
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have put a new battery in it it runs very good till the charge light comes on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can yes if not I will get it fixed for sure
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist have you checked the voltage at the battery with the engine running and the light on??have you changed the alternator??? Roy