Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

P0016 and p0017 codes on a 2007 solstice. All timing chain

Customer Question

p0016 and p0017 codes on a 2007 solstice. All timing chain links are correct and power and reference voltages are correct on cam sensor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car runs great and light goes out only to come back on in less than a minute. Work performed was cylinder head gasket replacement
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes...we are an auto repair shop
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Already noted..see above.We have seen the blogs and don't want to just throw parts at it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Based on the repairs you have done and the codes stored. When I am in that situation on this model I find low oil pressure, sludge issues or the timing chain oil feed tensioners have clogged ports not allowing the chain to stay tight and effecting the timing. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris