Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pontiac Aztek: My 2003 Aztek (~58K miles) has developed an

Customer Question

My 2003 Aztek (~58K miles) has developed an intermittant problem with the auto car lock.
It fails to lock the car when I press the button. The next day, it might work fine. Then, the next day, maybe not. I suspect a loosened computer chip or similar. But, my local mechanic can't find the source of the problem. He is not a Pontiac expert.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are having with the auto locks can be caused by any of the following, Malfunctioning Body Control Module (BCM)Improper Body Control Module (BCM) GroundImproper Body Control Module (BCM) PowerImproper Power Door Lock Relay GroundImproper Power Door Lock Relay PowerIn order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view them,https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Auto%20lock%20May%204.pdf