Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

My 2005 Pontiac Montana sv6, rear power door wont close. I

Customer Question

My 2005 Pontiac Montana sv6, rear power door wont close. I finally got it to close and now I don't use it. How do I fix it?
JA: Someone once said knowledge gives us power. In this case, quite literally! The mechanics will know how to get to the bottom of any power problems, and I'd love to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I press the button the door will open and then I push the button to close, it will try to close the ringer rings as if something is blocking it from closing then I opens again and it continues to do that until I try to close it manually.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If its possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: Other than everything about it, is driving me crazy. I just replaced my transmission. The ALL wheel drive keeps saying its disabled, the ABS light is on, the GAS cap light keeps coming on (after Ive replaced it 3x). The body is great though.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Sounds like there are a few issues here.First with the gas cap light coming on and you already replacing the cap this may be an issue with en evap fuel tank vapor leak causing this fault here.What needs to be done from here is to have the fuel tank vapor system tested for any evap leaks and those leaks repaired to turn off the gas cap light.This needs tested with an evap smoke machine to locate the source of the leak for repair here.The all wheel drive light is coming on due to the abs light.The abs fault codes need checked to see what codes are set and once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.Once repaired all codes are cleared out and this will turn off both of these lights.As for the rear power door this can be a fault with a pinch protection sensor at fault needing replaced or possibly the motor itself that opens and closes the door as I have seen before.I would have these checked into further to locate which is the cause here and then the affected component is usually replaced from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete