GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Will the engine control module set off the crank shaft and

Customer Question

Will the engine control module set off the crank shaft and cam sensors
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Codes reading p0340 and po335.. when driving the car shuts off and now it just turning over but it will not start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, 2003 1.8
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2003 Pontiac vibe Gt 1.8L
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jerry are you still there
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
I see, thanks. That could be in the crankshaft or camshaft position sensor(s). There are tests to determine where the problem is exactly.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help. I feel that I paid you $18 for nothing. Have a great day
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
There actually is no way to know what the problem is. Did you want a good guess?
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.