Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac g5 sunroof wont close stuck open JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

pontiac g5 sunroof wont close stuck open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sunroof wont close
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just using switch itvwont slide manually
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If there is any grinding noises when trying to close it this issue can be caused by a stripped sun roof motor gear or track assembly needing replaced.If there is no noise at all when trying to close it this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the motor itself needing replaced.I have seen both cause this issue here before.This will have to be tested/checked further to be sure of the cause then replaced from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete