GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

The check engine light is on. I have cleaned all the sensors

Customer Question

the check engine light is on. I have cleaned all the sensors on and replaced the throttle body. I have disconnected the Battery to allow the computer to re-set, but the light is on, intermittently, and now the transmission shifts at too high an RPM. Can't find the Transmission fuse to emove, wait, then replace to re-set the values of the tranny
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, but what I have said has nothing to do with the Battery. are you a computewr?
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? No. I'm the Pontiac Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Replaced the throttle body. cleaned the sensors and tps actuator, and disconnected the battery, for the purpose of re-setting the computer to the new values of the sensors, on the replacement throttle bodey
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: If I knew, I would be happy to tell you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist stop removing the battery cables. re setting does nothing as the issue is still there and not fixed. clearing codes is only done after repairs are made and verified. lets start with the code you originally had Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Don't know the code #. Indicated a bad maf reading
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cleaning the MAF sensor seemed to help, when put back on a computer, but the light re-appeared with the new throttle bady. would it be better to call me and we can talk?
we can talk. I will send a request. why did you replace the throttle body?? Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Roy, Strange things are happening on this page. My bank wants to know if i want to accept this charge, and I will talk to you here, rather than $26, or will deny this charge. I'm not comfortable with this set-up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry I'm not willing to wait this long, I am going to deny this charge
ok, we can continue on this forum
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm Sorry Roy. This is not a forum I am comfortable with. If we can just stop right here, I'll be happy. I have spoken to my bank and if your people can eliminate the charge on my card, we'll be good. If not, when the charge is posted, we will pursue the banks ability to decline the charge.
Sorry to have been a pain in the butt.
you need to contact customer service. I have no control over money and do not get paid until you accept my answer. I only get a small portion of the money you are charged Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand that, Roy. I will contact them, if I can find the number
I will forward this to customer service