Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master

Changed crankshaft sensor an the service engine still comes

Customer Question

changed crankshaft sensor an the service engine still comes on saying crankshaft sensor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: service engine light still comes on after I changed crank shaftsensor it throws a code po336 it is a 2000 montana 3400
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed crankshaft sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
these engines have 2 crank sensors which one did you change ? where was it located ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Behind thebalancer
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
that is the crank sensor to set that codeif the sensor is brand new and the balancer is not hitting the new sensor with this code one of those 3 wires from the sensor to the computer are bad or the computer is badyou need to visually inspect those 3 wires and the sensor for any damage or bad wires if they check out good those 3 wires need to be ohmed out if the wires ohm out good then the sensor is defective and or the balancer is hitting the sensor or the computer is badif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer