Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac aztek: the gauge is beeping and showing hotbut the

Customer Question

the gauge is beeping and showing hotbut the radiator is not hot the fluid is going through the bypass hose it has a new radiator ,hose,thermosstat, sensor ans head gasket 2001 pontiac aztek
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If the engine itself is not overheating at all but the gauge is showing it is and is beeping at you this can indicate an issue with the gauge assembly itself.I have seen the gauge assembly fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue.How this is checked is with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what the instrument cluster data list shows for engine coolant temp compared to the data for the engine computer coolant temp.If the engine coolant temp reads correctly on the scan tool but the instrument cluster does not this usually indicates the cluster needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Someone said it could be a blown head gasket is that true as well
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
The engine would be over heating if it was a blown head gasket so I dont think this is the cause here.I would have a block test done though to be sure.The block test can be done by any repair facility and usually takes less then an hour to do.You can also obtain a block tester tool from a dealer to do it yourself as well.If this tests o.k. I would have the instrument cluster repaired or replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete