GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I asked about the 2007 Pontiac Torrent reduced engine power

Customer Question

I asked about the 2007 Pontiac Torrent reduced engine power message and the stabilitrac turning off and on, other than asking what was going on and what its going to cost, is my car ok to be driving? I know the sooner I can get it fixed the better.Also today when it happened I at least wasnt driving it yet. I went to my car to find it completely dead. I turned the steering wheel a few times, opened the door of the car to get back out because I popped the hoood and all of a sudden the bells for the door open and the clock came back on. It had reset itself to 12:00. I started the car and thats when I got the warning message of the reduced engine power. I drove it around the block once before I was going to try and go anywhere. I stopped, shut it off waited a couple of minutes, started it up again and it ran fine. I dont know what to think.I will work on getting the codes.Thank you
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 months ago.
Check battery connections, as this may be the cause of the power loss. As long as the reduced engine power does not inhibit acceleration to the point where you feel unsafe, the car is okay to drive. it will not harm anything to continue to drive it.