Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2003 Pontiac Aztek that won't crank when you turn

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Pontiac Aztek that won't crank when you turn the key.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced the ignition and starter relays, battery, and cleaned all connections. I am thinking it is the neutral safety switch... but I don't know where it is...
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: car also won't "release" key sometimes when trying to remove.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: I am hoping to fix it myelf.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am sorry for the long day. I am checking to see if you are still in need of help first off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Chris, thank you for the response but I am good to go now. The issue was not the neutral safety, but about as simple as it can get... Bad starter... The starter has been replaced, and I am back on the road. I appreciate the time, and hope I don't have to reach out again! :)Thank you!
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Glad you got it resolved Dave.