Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

05 grand Prix. No start. Fuel to injector rail-ok,

Customer Question

Hello. '05 grand Prix. No start. Fuel to injector rail-ok, cranking-ok, suspect no spark
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: how much is the service?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm a diesel mechanic, yes I will perform the work
JA: Anything else I can tell the Pontiac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you are sure you have proper fuel pressure then check and see if you are getting injector pulse. You can check it with a standard 12 volt test light by placing the test end on the power side of any one of the injector and the ground end on the other side and then crank the engine over. If you have pulse the light should flash. If the pulse checks okay then check and see if you have good spark to the spark plugs . Post back with the results and we can work from there on this.