Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2009 g8gt pontiac JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

2009 g8gt pontiac
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: right rear turn signal not working checked fuses and bulbs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. At the BCM connector X5 check the dark green/white wire. It should pulse power with the right turn signal on. If not then the BCM is bad, if so then this wire from the BCM to the RR lamp is broken. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I followed your instructions and checked both the green/white wire (RIGHT SIDE BLINKERS) and the yellow/white wire (LEFT SIDE BLINKERS). When I turn the blinker on and check the left side yellow wire it pulses. When I turn the blinker on the right side there is no pulse at all. Your recommendations indicate this BCM needs to be replaced? Or can it be reset? If it needs to be replaced is it a clean swap or does it require programming of some sort?
A reset will not address this, the BCM will need to be replaced and programmed.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris