Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

Pontiac G6 convertible: My 2007 G6 unlocks in front and back

Customer Question

My 2007 G6 unlocks in front and back of roof but will not go down
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be due to a fault with one of the limit/position switch/sensors that send signals on what position each part of the roof is in during operation.I have seen these fail before in the past needing replaced to correct this fault here.I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.A compatible scan tool can be used as well to observe the roof position signals to see if one or more are sending an incorrect signal needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete