Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

My name is ***** ***** I have a 04 Pontiac grand Prix. The

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have a 04 Pontiac grand Prix. The theft system lock is activated. I cannot seem to get it started at all. And tried the on thing with the lights blinking. Is there any other way to get my car started?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I turned the key to the on position. Left in there for ten minutes the turned it off and tried to start it. 3 times. To no avail
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,If the light is blinking and wont go off after 10 minutes while doing the relearn procedure, then there is a hard fault - either the key is bad, ignition switch or passlock control module is faulty