Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

On the front caliper are two bolts one has a

Customer Question

***** ***** , on the front caliper are two bolts one has a rubber cap on thetip the other does not but has flat spots on it in three places the whole length of the bolt is that normal? and which one goes on top and also do they need grease ?if so any certain kind i have wheal bearing grease is that ok?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its on a pontiac grand prix 2004 front brakes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .The caliper pin bolts should not have any flat spots on them. The top one will have a bushing on the end of the pin. They both have rubber boots and the grease is GM P/N 18047666. Normally the parts stores have a brake lube that can be used..If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,